Are you looking for a simple way to enjoy both Canada and Snow Geese? This easy recipe is great for group gatherings and for sharing your harvest with fellow hunters and landowners that helped you have a successful hunt.
4 Canada or Snow Goose breast
INITIAL DRY RUB-
¼ cup – Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp – Salt
1 ½ Tbsp – Black Pepper
1 Tbsp – Garlic Powder
2 tsp – Onion Power
2 tsp – Ground Coriander
2 tsp – Dried Thyme
FINAL DRY RUB-
2 Tbsp – Black Pepper
1 Tbsp – Ground Coriander
½ tsp – Onion Power
½ tsp – Garlic Powder
½ tsp – Dried Thyme
- Clean and trim goose breasts, making sure to remove and excess fat or skin.
- Combine initial dry rub ingredients in a small bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Generously coat the goose breasts in the initial dry rub mixture. Coat both sides and rub the spices in any crevices.
- Cover and chill the goose breasts in the refrigerator for approximately 3 days.
- Rinse off the initial dry rub spices from the goose breasts under cool running water.
- Place in an ice bath for 30 minutes.
- Combine final dry rub ingredients in a small bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Generously coat the goose breasts in the final dry rub mixture. Coat both sides and rub the spices in any crevices.
- Place goose breasts on a smoker rack, making sure to leave space between each piece.
- Smoke at approximately 190o F until internal temperature reaches 145o F.
- Remove from the smoker and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Once completely chilled, remove and slice to desired thickness with a sharp knife or meat slicer.
- Serve cold with your favorite cheese and crackers.
You are missing Tender Quick to cure the meat