Gadwall with Cranberry Stuffing
The key to savory gadwall is searing fast. The key to cooking classic stuffing is cooking slowly. And when in doubt, add more stock.
- 2-4 duck breasts
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chicken stock-low sodium
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 onion
- 2-3 celery, chopped
- ½ bag of cranberries
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 1 dozen fresh sage leaves
- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 1-2 cups chicken stock-low sodium
- 1 loaf bread or stuffing bread mixture
- Pepper, salt, Worcestershire, hot sauce to taste
Gadwall – 6 minutes
- Rub duck breasts with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan, add low-sodium chicken broth.
- Sear duck breasts until done, about 2 minutes on each side. Internal temp should be 130F.
Stuffing – 35 minutes
- Heat oven to 375F. In a large skillet, melt butter, add onions, celery, cranberries, salt, pepper, thyme, sage, and splash in Worcestershire and hot-pepper sauce. Cook and stir for approximately 5 minutes.
- Move mixture to a large bowl. Add bread, eggs, parsley, and enough broth so the dressing is moist. Blend well.
- Grease a baking dish with butter and add the dressing mixture. Bake uncovered 30 minutes. If it seems dry, add more stock and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
Leave A Comment