Seasonal Nesting Crew Leader And Technicians – Manitoba Canada
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: 4/15/2023 to 8/1/2023 (flexible end date)
These positions will provide great experiences for applicants interested in a career in habitat and wildlife management by leading or assisting with projects designed to monitor overwater duck nests and their predators. Housing is available/provided at site. Compensation for this site is $15.45 (crew leader) or $14.29 (technician) CND per hour, 40 hours per week.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- • High school diploma and post-secondary coursework in pursuit of an advanced degree, or a combination of training, education, and experience that is relevant to the responsibilities listed above.
- • Possess good organizational and time management skills.
- • Must be able to navigate using a handheld GPS and legal land description maps.
- • Must have good communication skills as well as reliable data entry and note taking skills.
- • Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with a minimum of supervision.
- • Ability to stand, bend, lift heavy objects, walk over uneven ground, and complete physically demanding tasks on a routine basis.
- • A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily required to work in the field (e.g., marsh, water, woods, etc.). Field work would likely include wading in shallowly flooded wetlands (chest waders will be provided) and navigating uneven ground with woody or coarse wetland vegetation. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk and listen, as well as must be able to lift and move up to 40 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please contact Chris Nicolai at email@example.com for more information about this opportunity.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Please submit the following documents in a single pdf file to by February 1, 2023: firstname.lastname@example.org:
- • Cover letter
- • Resume
- • Contact information for three professional references
Delta Waterfowl Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.