Regional Director – South Texas
This position is responsible for the development and management of new and existing Delta Waterfowl chapters within a designated region.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Implementation of regional event fundraising, that align with the annual goals and strategies documented for your specific region.
- Create, maintain, and foster volunteer relationships. Establish NEW committees of volunteers (local chapters) that believe in Delta Waterfowl’s mission. Assist committees in volunteer recruitment.
- Assist committees to establish fundraising goals to help maximize their net revenue and gain momentum towards achieving chapter objectives.
- Establish an efficient schedule of in-person and phone meetings with committees.
- Maintaining and submitting proper administrative records including expense reports, online credit card coding reports, personal leave time worksheets, event financial estimates, chapter credit card revenue reports, WHF forms, etc. Weekly activities update emailed to Regional Event Managers. Bi-weekly one to one conference call update with Regional Manager of Event Fundraising.
- Discuss and facilitate the local or national use of Waterfowl Heritage Funds (WHF) within the guidelines of Delta’s mission with emphasis on participation in the “First Hunt” mentored hunt program.
- Prospect for potential major donors, corporations, or local foundations that may have an interest in Delta’s vision and pass this information on to Development Department or relevant staff in the national office.
- Provide teamwork with volunteers, other RD’s, development coordinators, direct supervisors, and other Delta Staff
- Attend other conservation events to document product use, event set-up, attendance, strengths and weaknesses, and new strategies. Continually prospect areas for NEW committee opportunities, providing a local impact representing Delta Waterfowl.
- Total proficiency in Delta Waterfowl’s mission and the ability to present this message using various tools. Communicate monthly with chapters providing leadership, motivation, guidance, up to date news, and program updates via email, phone and on-site visits. Continue to develop a thorough understanding of the organizations programs through continued peer to peer conversation & engagement in annual programmatic reporting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- High school diploma or equivalent, and three years of related experience; or, a combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the standard listed above and that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
- Prior experience sales management and customer service.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to respond to change.
- Must be organized and able to prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- 3 References