Post-graduate Research Position
This is a contracted position that will require work in the US and Canada.
Delta Waterfowl is seeking an enthusiastic and analytical biologist or scientist with a completed graduate degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) to help expand our research program. This will start as a two-year contracted position that may turn into a regular full-time position with Delta. The successful candidate will primarily provide professional assistance with ongoing field projects, analyses, and writing, as well as perform the following duties:
- Analyze and summarize a long-term dataset of overwater nesting ducks,
- Continue field research on overwater nesting ducks,
- Provide oversight of undergraduate students involved in duck production work focused on canvasbacks and other divers,
- Coordinate field equipment and supplies,
- Develop permanent data repositories and standardization of data collection protocols,
- Analyze multiple data streams using code that can be archived for future analytical needs, and
- Prepare manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
WORK LOCATION: Field work will be performed in Minnedosa, Manitoba, and all office work will be completed in Bismarck, ND.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Graduate degree in wildlife ecology.
- Demonstrated expertise in running field projects and training and supervising technicians.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing analytical and graphics code in R. Experience in Bayesian approaches is encouraged.
- Demonstrated scientific publication record is a plus.
- Ability to travel and conduct work in both Canada and the US.
- A valid driver’s license.
Please visit our website www.deltawaterfowl.org for more information or contact Dr. Chris Nicolai (cell: 701-989-4888; firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions about this opportunity.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Please submit the following documents in a single pdf file by May 15, 2023 to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Resume or CV
- Copies of graduate school transcripts
- Contact information for three professional references
Delta Waterfowl Foundations offers a very competitive employment package and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer