Post-graduate Research Associate Contracted, Year-round Opportunity
Delta Waterfowl is seeking an enthusiastic and analytical biologist or scientist with a completed graduate degree to assist with our research program. This is a full-time, contracted position without benefits. It will primarily provide professional assistance with ongoing field projects, analyses, and writing, as well as:
- Analyze and summarize a long-term dataset of overwater nesting ducks,
- Conduct long-term data collection of overwater nesting ducks,
- Provide oversight of undergraduate students involved in overwater nesting duck research activities,
- Coordinate field equipment and supplies,
- Develop permanent data repositories and standardization of data collecting protocols,
- Analyze multiple data streams using code that can be used for future analytical needs, and
- Prepare manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
WORK LOCATION: All field work will be performed in Minnedosa, Manitoba, and all office work will be completed in Bismarck, ND
CONTRACT PERIOD: Start date no later than April 1, 2023 and contract will be reviewed annually for renewal consideration based upon performance.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform the responsibilities of this contracted position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Graduate degree in wildlife ecology.
- Demonstrated expertise in running field projects and training and supervising technicians.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing analytical and graphics code in R. Additional experience in Bayesian approaches is encouraged.
- Demonstrated scientific publication record is a plus.
- Ability to travel and conduct work in Canada.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the individual is primarily required to work in the field (e.g., marsh, water, woods). Field work would likely include driving ATVs in grasslands and navigating uneven ground with woody or coarse wetland vegetation. The responsibilities require the individual to regularly sit, talk and listen, as well as must be able to lift and move up to 40 pounds. Vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
COMPENSATION: A highly competitive compensation package will be commensurate with the selected individual’s education and experience.
Please contact Dr. Chris Nicolai at email@example.com with questions about this contracted opportunity.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Please submit the following documents in a single pdf file by February 10, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Resume or CV
- Copies of graduate school transcripts
- Contact information for three professional references
Delta Waterfowl Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.