Hunting Heritage & Conservation Center
Delta Waterfowl has established a Hunting Heritage & Conservation Center near Long Point, Ontario. The five main buildings located on the 40-acre property provide seasonal and year-round accommodation and office space for Delta Waterfowl staff, students, technicians and volunteers.
The Long Point area is home to many local and regional conservation, education and research-based organizations. Based on the area’s importance to waterfowl and many other conservation interests, as well as a lack of hotels and conference centers in the region, Delta Waterfowl is pleased to invite other individuals and organizations to use the facility.
Groups that have recently used the facility include Ducks Unlimited, Norfolk County, Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters, Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources, the Simcoe Scouts and various universities and colleges. The facility is also regularly used for educational field trips and by students and scientists working on various projects.
Rental fees, private donations and grants will continue to be used to operate and make upgrades to the Center.
The Center is a modern, well-equipped facility perfectly suited to host educational programs, professional seminars, business meetings, research work, family reunions and weddings.
The Center features:
- Conference room comfortably seats up to 80 people, and includes screen, projector, laptop hookup and podium
- Commercial, full service kitchen
- Dining hall includes indoor seating for 60 people
- Indoor lodging for up to 50 people
- Wheelchair access to buildings
- Office/work space
- Wireless Internet access
- Delta Waterfowl historical library
- Outdoor picnic tables provide additional seating for 60 and are perfect for enjoying meals in nice weather
- Picnic area
- Interpretive 2 km hiking trail highlighting plants, animals and heritage
- Recreational area includes basketball and volleyball courts, and soccer/football field
2019 LODGING RATES
$45 per night (bunk house accommodation)
$60 per night (main building or staff cottage accommodation)
LONG TERM ACCOMMODATION
$700 per month(includes parking & utilities)
*Special rates available for students, researchers, conservation partners. Please Inquire.
FACILITY DAY-USE RENTAL
Based on 60 people or less and includes use of bbqs, basketball court, outdoor greenspace)
$225 per day – kitchen and conf. room
$125 per day – use of one building
$25 per hour – partial day per building
Rental for more than 60 people, and for large events such as weddings, will be quoted on an individual basis.
General Inquiries & Bookings
Phone: May-Nov. (519) 428-2866;Dec.-April (289) 442-6526
Delta Waterfowl Hunting Heritage & Conservation Center
546 Turkey Point Road
Vittoria, ON N0E 1W0