Development Director – Dallas/Ft Worth TX Metro Area
Delta Waterfowl Foundation is looking to add a Development Director to our team. The ideal candidate has extensive development and major gift experience, a passion for waterfowl and conservation, and a strong hunting and work ethic. This position will have a significant role in planning and closing Major and Planned Gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations in the designated region. The selected candidate will work and represent Delta remotely with preferred geographic focus in the greater Dallas / Fort Worth metro area, while additionally reaching out into other areas of Texas, and North Louisiana as major gift opportunities arise. Moderate travel required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Building a deep, lasting relationship and trusted reputation on behalf of Delta Waterfowl within the affiliated major donor community of the region.
- Adhering to a donor moves management process to identify, nurture, cultivate, solicit and steward major and planned gifts, typically of $10,000 – $100,000, and sometimes greater.
- Actively manage about 125 major donor relationships, resulting annually in approximately $500,000 in closed gifts and four planned giving agreements.
- Actively maintaining moves, activities and important relationship information in donor database (Salesforce).
- Working closely with our Creative Writer to prepare personalized proposals, grant applications, presentations and other communication material as needed.
- Partnering creatively with the Regional Director and banquet events team to raise awareness of major giving opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Three or more years of major gift fundraising or high net worth sales experience, focused on 1:1 relationship-based close of gifts/sales of over $10,000.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Wildlife Science or related experience preferred
- Ability to identify major giving prospects, creatively secure face-to-face donor interactions, nurture the relationship to a solicitation and successfully move the relationship to a closed gift.
- Strong, written, development communication skills, including proposal and grant preparation.
- Strong, face-to-face presentation skills with individuals and small groups of sophisticated donors.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff across departments in a matrixed environment.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office and donor database experience. Salesforce or other CRM experience preferred.
- Trustworthy and possessing the highest level of personal and professional integrity and quality standards.
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement fundraising strategies and reports.
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration:
- Cover letter
- Three professional references
- Salary history
Delta Waterfowl Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.