Development Director – California
Delta Waterfowl Foundation is looking to add a new Development Director position to our team! The ideal candidate has extensive development and major gift experience, a passion for waterfowl and conservation, and a strong hunting and work ethic. This position will have a significant role in planning and closing Major and Planned Gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations in the designated region.
This is a full-time, benefitted position with a salary range of $91,500 to $114,000, depending on experience.
The selected candidate will work and represent Delta remotely with geographic focus in the California area, while additionally reaching out into other areas of the Pacific Flyway as major gift opportunities arise.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Building deep, lasting relationships and a trusted reputation on behalf of Delta Waterfowl within the affiliated major donor community of the region.
- Adhering to a donor moves management process to identify, nurture, cultivate, solicit and steward major and planned gifts, typically of $10,000 – $100,000, and sometimes greater.
- Actively managing approximately 125 major donor relationships, resulting annually in $500,000 or more in closed gifts and four planned giving agreements.
- Actively maintaining moves, activities and important relationship information in donor database (Salesforce).
- Working closely with our Creative Writers to prepare personalized proposals, grant applications, presentations and other communication material as needed.
- Partnering creatively with the Regional Director and banquet events team to raise awareness of major giving opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Three or more years of major gift fundraising or high net worth sales experience, focused on 1:1 relationship-based close of gifts/sales of over $10,000.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Wildlife Science or related field preferred.
- Ability to identify major giving prospects, creatively secure face-to-face donor interactions, nurture the relationship to a solicitation and successfully move the relationship to a closed gift.
- Strong, written, development communication skills, including proposal and grant preparation.
- Strong, face-to-face presentation skills with individuals and small groups of sophisticated donors.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff across departments in a matrixed environment.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office and donor database experience. Salesforce experience preferred.
- Trustworthy and possessing the highest level of personal and professional integrity and quality standards.
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement fundraising strategies and reports.
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration:
- Cover letter
- Three professional references
Delta Waterfowl Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.