BISMARCK, NORTH DAKOTA — It’s a critical month for waterfowlers who want to take their retriever’s training to the next level, and to celebrate and inform those efforts, Delta Waterfowl is declaring June “North American Duck Dog Month.”
“The first weekend of June is the unofficial start of dog training season — the kickoff to a summer of blind retrieves and T-drills,” said Alex Heiser, vice president of marketing, communications and membership for Delta Waterfowl. “We’ve got an outstanding mix of entertaining and informative content on the way that’s sure to be enjoyed by avid and casual trainers alike.”
Delta’s Duck Dog Month lineup will include:
- Short Films produced by YETI and SportDOG Brand that embrace and tell the story of the duck-dog lifestyle.
- Retriever Training Videos featuring cutting-edge tips, produced by Rockhouse Motion and Cornerstone Gundog Academy, presented by Eukanuba.
- Duck Dog Photo Contest, offering you a chance to win a year’s supply of Eukanuba Premium Performance 30/20 dog food or a SportDOG Brand Wetland Hunter 425X e-collar. Submit photos at org/duckdogs before June 30.
- “Best of Delta Waterfowl” Duck Dog Series, offering a look back at Delta’s most popular retriever stories.
- Eukanuba Duck Dog Tips of the Week, providing practical advice on retriever health, nutrition and training.
- Free Delta Waterfowl Dog Collars when you join or renew your membership using a promotional link to be shared on Delta’s social media.
So, throughout June, give your retriever a scratch behind the ears, logon to deltawaterfowl.org and stay tuned to Delta’s popular social media pages, including Facebook.com/DeltaFans and @DeltaWaterfowl on Instagram and Twitter. Must-see duck-dog content is on the way!
Delta Waterfowl is The Duck Hunters Organization, a leading conservation group working to produce ducks and ensure the tradition of duck hunting in North America.