Communications Intern – United States or Canada
Position may be based in the United States or Canada
Start Date: Mid-May to August (12 weeks), 40 hours per week, compensation will be $500/ week
SUMMARY OF INTERNSHIP
Delta Waterfowl seeks a talented and motivated student-intern to assist in its communications efforts. The Delta Waterfowl communications internship is a unique opportunity to develop skills in print and online media, while promoting Delta’s mission: To produce ducks and secure the future of waterfowl hunting.
Delta’s communications intern will assist the communications team in delivering outstanding written communications for Delta’s members, volunteers and donors, as well as the general public. The communications intern will collaborate on team objectives related to Delta’s hunting advocacy, habitat conservation, duck production, and research programs.
- Contribute to Delta’s award-winning membership magazine, including news pieces, hunting gear reviews and features.
- Deliver stories and photography related to Delta’s duck production and research programs for Delta’s magazine and website.
- Assist with and/or write media releases promoting Delta’s mission.
- Assist in planning, writing and managing e-blasts and e-newsletters.
- Contribute to website, including dispatches from local Delta chapters, relevant waterfowl-related news, general hunting pieces and Delta program updates.
- Manage editorial calendars.
- Collaborate with staff on new communications ideas, strategies and tools.
- Complete or be working toward a college degree in journalism, communications, English (writing) or a related field.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word; proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop a plus.
- Possess excellent writing skills. Understanding of AP Style a significant plus.
- Basic photography skills.
- Previous experience in college/community journalism or communications higher desired.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team.
- Passion for the conservation, study and hunting of waterfowl highly desired.
- Possible travel for events, field experience, etc.
Please submit the following documents to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Writing samples
Delta Waterfowl Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.